Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hello!

Hello, hello!  The first post of a new blog!  The expectations are almost overwhelming!

I suppose I should start out by stating why I started this blog.  This year, I took a job as an elementary school's Computer Learning Associate.  That's a fancy way of saying that I'm the school's computer teacher.  I have never taught computer before and I was coming into this job mid-school year.  I took to the internet to find some ideas and suggestions.

I didn't find much.  I teach preschool through fifth grade and most of the information I could find was for junior high and high school computer teachers.  I am six months into the job and have made it this far with the support of fellow CLAs and the teachers in the school where I am at and with a few ideas and suggestions I found online.  I am hoping I can add my blog to the few resources online and, perhaps, help out someone else!

My plans and goals are to include bulletin board ideas, great websites, lesson plans and teaching tips that have worked for me.

I hope you will find the blog helpful and entertaining!

~J~

No comments:

Post a Comment