Monday, April 29, 2013

Another Typing Bulletin Board

Typing is a huge part of my curriculum and I require the kids to do it right.  We practice with the home row and I have become somewhat of a tyrant, walking the rows and correcting posture and finger placement.  A week hasn't gone by without someone asking me WHY they need to learn how to type.  I came up with this bulletin board for the last quarter of this year.

Most of the clip art is from word and I had our school's copy center enlarge these to 18 inches wide.  There is one piece of clip art that I found on Google Images under the "free" heading.

I don't have pdf's to offer of these (yet. . .)  The lighting in my room is bad so they are hard to read in this photograph.  You have:

1.  Most teachers require papers to be typed
2.  It's easy to make your writing more interesting with WORD.
3.  Proofreading is easier.  Editing is much faster.
4.  Many businesses require resumes to be submitted online.
5.  Most careers require typing skills
6.  Spell check and Grammar Check
7.  Social networking is much more fun if you can type.
8.  The average handwriting speed is 22 words per minute.  The average typing speed is 40 words per minute.
9.  Some teachers require assignments to be submitted online.
10.  Colleges offer online courses.  You will have to type your assignments, submit them and interact with others online.

I changed my bulletin boards over spring break and was too lazy to increase my bulletin board borders so that's why there are four outside the bulletin board and six inside. 

If I did it again, I wouldn't enlarge these quite as much.  Smaller would be better and they would all fit!

2 comments:

  1. Love your site and love all your ideas. Please add pdf of why we need to learn to type?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have PDF's for this one yet??? I LOVE this!
    akohmetscher@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete