Monday, November 24, 2014

Posting Photos Online Dangers

Every year I do lessons on internet safety.  A couple of years ago I saw this news report on my local channel and realized I needed to show this to my students.  It's pretty scary.


Don't forget to paste the link into safeshare.tv for your students to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY

Plan on more than a few minute discussion.  I show this to third through fifth grade and talk about Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and the other "flavor of the month" apps that are going around.  This video easily generates a half hour conversation.  The really awesome thing is that I always get phone calls and emails from parents who thank me. . . their kids have gone home and shown them how to turn off location services on their camera and explained the dangers to them. . . they're grateful!  It's pretty gratifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment