Sunday, June 30, 2013

Watch Out for Computer Bugs!

This is yet another posting that will have to be updated with a picture of the completed bulletin board.  I'm really trying to get everything done this summer so that this school year is easy-breezy!

I wanted to make a bulletin board kind of like this one:
Not mine.  I only WISH I was this talented!!!
I know I'm not talented enough to make the giant bugs like he did and this is going on a bulletin board in the hall (lots of kids + minimal supervision = potentially squashed bugs).  I happened upon a going out of business sale at a teacher supply store when I was visiting my folks so I picked up a border with some bugs on it.  I also found a ready-made bulletin board with some cute bugs.
Way, way too cute for my bad computer bug bulletin board!

I took a sharpie marker, blacked out their eyes and made the smiles more menacing.  I even added a Hitler-esque mustache to the preying mantis.

Still a bit too cute but much better.

This guy was hard to turn mean:

I had to get rid of curling eyelashes.  Ick.

They will be hanging around the bulletin board and I will have little posters on the different types of computer bugs hanging on it.  The posters are 11x17.  My entire bulletin board is 15 feet in length; you can print these on regular paper if you don't have a massive board like I do!


Here are my Computer Bug posters:  Computer Bugs

Please don't sell these but feel free to use it in your class!

I shall update with the completed bulletin board photo come fall. . . or around Halloween.  I haven't decided if this is my "Back to School" board or if I'm going with another one.  Decisions, decisions.

~J~

No comments:

Post a Comment