Friday, March 27, 2015

Fourth Quarter Bulletin Boards

I have a few to share. . . .

The lighting is crummy.  My apologies.

This poster can be found a few posts down.  I made it in Word,  using the features in Word.  I thought it would be a nice reminder to the kids what exactly you can do in Word!

I'm not sure what I think of this one.  It's very. . . busy.

The words are recycled from a bulletin board I made last year.  I printed out the letters on to cardstock, cut them out while watching a NCIS marathon, then glued them to black construction paper.  I sent the whole thing through the laminator then cut around the letters.  This way I hang words, not individual letters.  That's a lot of letters to get straight and I knew I would never do it!

The different apps were printed out from Bing.  Originally they were apps on the gigantic iPod I made for the laptop lab but I trimmed them way down for this bulletin board.  I don't think I'm ever going to do a huge iPod again so it's not much of a loss.

This one will grow on me, I'm sure.



The one out in the hall is my personal favorite.  It's recycled from last year, but I think it turned out better.  The sand is spray painted poster board that I cut.  Did you know they make a sandpaper paint spray?  Don't buy the fine sand one. . . it will frustrate the crap out of you and doesn't cover very much.  Buy the big, cheap, thick can from Home Depot and you'll have so much sand you won't know what to do with it.

I used the blue butcher paper the school has and squirted three different colors of blue paint on to it.  I swirled it around with my brush, let dry, and free hand cutting the ocean out.

The tree is from the dollar store.  I used poster board and green paint to make a few more leaves so it wasn't so bare.  I also painted on to the decoration to add depth to the existing leaves.  I didn't have to, but I was in a matchy matchy mood so now you can't tell the leaves I made for the leaves that came with the tree.

The surf board is just cardboard, cut and painted.  I made those perfect red stripes with red electrical tape.  They cover up my imperfect paint job underneath.

And my tiki.  He's magnificent.  He was two bucks at the party store last year.  You need a decent stapler to staple him to the bulletin board. . . I use this one:

I have had to label it with my name because it's so amazing, everyone borrows it.  It staples right up to the edge with absolutely NO effort.  It's a bit pricy. . . about $22. . . but worth every penny.

The green boxes on the board are my safe internet surfing tips.

This one stayed up for only a month last year.  This year, it's staying up until summer vacation.  I am done with bulletin boards for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment