Friday, March 20, 2015

Educator Discounts

It's the time of year that the money is tight and the supplies are running low!  Here's a list of retailers that offer discounts for educators purchasing items for their classrooms.

Note:  I live in the Kansas City area and have included only "local" businesses.  If you know of any more, leave it in the comments section!

Hobby Lobby:  One of my favorite places to shop!  Let them know your purchases are for your classroom and they'll give you 10% off when you checkout.

US Toys:  Sign up for their educator discount card and save 10%.  Bring your school ID to show the first time and get your card that day.

Half Price Books:  Not just for classroom purchases!  They give educators 10% off.  You need to sign up for their card and it expires every year on Halloween, so make sure to renew!

Office Max and Office Depot:  Depends on what you purchase for the discount you receive.  Ask at the checkout.  I think you need the "card" for the discount but its definitely worth the time it takes to sign up.

UPS Store:  This one depends on the owner of the store.  The store by me gives me 30% off copies and prints. 

FedEx/Kinkos:  If it's for your classroom, ask for the discount.  I believe it's 10%.

Joann Fabrics:  Gotta get their Teacher Rewards Discount Card but you save a lot!  You save 15% on your entire purchase and I believe you save 20% the first time you use it.

Party City:  You have to use your school credit card and you need your school ID, but you can save some money here.  The more you spend, the more you save.

Barnes and Noble:  The purchases must be for books to be used in the classroom, but you can save 20%.  Ask for your Educator's Discount Card.

Apple Store:  Bring your school ID when you shop. . . discount depends on what you buy.

Microsoft Store:  Depends on what you buy, but they give a great discount and I got loaded up with freebees the last time I went in!  Bring your school ID.

Hancock Fabrics:  Bring in your ID, save 15%.

I am aware that there are other retailers that love teachers and offer great discounts.  If you know of any, please add them to the comment section.  I didn't put any stores that offer discounts for personal purchases, partly because I feel weird about using my teacher status to buy clothing or shoes.  This is just my hang up, though, and I know it's a weird one!

This list is not all inclusive, nor am I guaranteeing its accuracy.  Retailers always have the right to change their policy, whether or not they choose to ask me first.   Let me know in the comment section if someone has changed their policy.  I don't shop as much as I would like to!




No comments:

Post a Comment